• People & Culture Manager
• Legal Services Oganisation
• Melbourne - $140K plus superannuation
This well established, 15 year old global business is seeking a dynamic, operational, hands of People & Culture Manager for their HQ in Australia. You will be responsible for the attraction, wellbeing, development, engagement, remuneration and benefits, retention, and support of our Australian HQ team. Your understanding of the Legal industry and your collaborative, progressive style will help you secure this amazing opportunity and take your HR career to the next level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Onboarding
• Updating and drafting position descriptions.
• Drafting and posting advertisements in line with corporate advertising guidelines and timely processing of applicant correspondence.
• Screening, shortlisting, assessing, interviewing and managing selection and regret processes.
• Co-ordinating and preparing recruitment paperwork including pre-employment paperwork and contracts of employment.
• Co-ordinate onboarding and inductions
Performance Management & Reviews
• Empower and support our Managers to work closely with team members who may have performance issues or under performing.
• Liaising with Legal Directors in relation to potential concerns or clarification on employment issues.
• Performance & Career Reviews – manage the annual performance review process to provide direction and support to our team. Setting clear timeframes for completion.
• Identify training and development needs analysis across the business
• Working closely with the MD, conduct remuneration reviews on an annual basis
Employee Care and Correspondence
• Ensure relevant documentation is completed and files updated for all employee changes in relation to their working hours, change in salary, job title, clauses in their contracts etc.
• Checking HQ payroll report on a monthly basis
• Liaise with Managers to ensure new employees are performing well and on track to successful completion of probation period.
• Liaise with employees wishing to take leave (eg parental or other leave) and providing guidance around paid leave components.
• End of employment process (offboarding)
• Effective communications in relation to employee announcements new joiners, departures and celebrations. Active participation on LinkedIn and supporting our client's brand and culture.
• Lead and role model wellbeing
• Liaise and manage relationship with EAP provider and promote EAPs support to all employees
• Working with the wider teams to develop and implement strategies to ensure we are an Employer of Choice
• Participate in and provide data for award submissions
• Regular recognition of kudos, feedback and key employee achievements
Culture & Engagement
• Influencing organisational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives by cultivating commitment to change. delivering best learning and leadership programs
• Continuously strive to increase staff engagement levels, making recommendations on measurable solutions and initiatives to improve the employee experience
• Drive a diversity and inclusion agenda through all activities
Qualifications/Key Skills Required
• Tertiary qualifications in human resources, law or business
• Demonstrated experience in similar role with ideally a minimum of 5 years’ HR exp
• Experience in employee relations matters
• Self-motivated, positive, organised and detail orientated and able to manage multiple and changing priorities
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to get along well with others, supportive, consultative, be a good listener and empathetic
To be considered for this exciting role, please Apply Now or contact Tamsin Clark on 0413 959 015 for more information.