We recognise the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. All personal information about you will only be collected, processed and used in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether it is true or not and whether or not it is recorded in material form.
Collection of personal information from you
We collect personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We usually collect and use personal information as follows:
We collect personal information from users of our website at https://www.future-you.com.au/ (“Website”), our clients, candidates, job contractors, job applicants to the Company and other individuals who provide us with information in connection with the Website or our business. We collect this information when it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of our business.
The information that we typically collect and retain about candidates is information deemed necessary to assess viability to work opportunities; suitability for placements; or determine performance in work obtained through FutureYou. This information includes but is not limited to:
- your resume and/or any registration paperwork;
- information obtained during an interview with one or more of our consultants, either face to face or via any other means of communication;
- references completed about you that we receive;
- results of any competency test, police check, VEVO check or work health and safety assessment;
- performance feedback (positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident you are involved in;
- any additional information about yourself that you decide to disclose to us;
The information that we typically collect and retain about clients is information required to help us provide an executive service when engaging with our clientele. This information includes but is not limited to:
- information on a role that you have provided us when meeting one or more of our employees, either face to face or via any other means of communication;
- feedback and information that you provide us on any candidate that you have met or spoken with;
- details on your business: structure, contact details, values, etc;
The information that we typically collect and retain about clients is information required to help us determine a candidate’s suitability to a particular role or type of role. This information includes but is not limited to:
- details about a candidate, company and contact information.
We collect personal information about you, including, for example, your contact details (such as email address, name, address and phone number). If you are a candidate, a job contractor or a job applicant to the Company, we will also collect your employment history and details.
In particular, we collect personal information:
- when you submit information through our Website, such as when you register a user account, retrieve log-in information, send us your CV, or request a new password;
- when you register for subscriptions to mailouts (including via email), newsletters, updates, or other related information/publications through our Website;
- when you use our Website, in which case our system will automatically collect information relating to your visit to our Websites, such as your IP address;
- when you ask us to assist you in a job search; with finding suitable candidates; or otherwise in relation to employment or contract work; or
- when you contact us (through our Website, via email or phone) with queries or issues or request that we contact you.
If you do not provide us with all requested personal information, you may be unable to participate fully in our Website or obtain all of the benefits from use of our Website or interaction with us.
How your personal information is stored
Personal information is held in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) until it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, at which time it will be de-identified or destroyed provided that it is lawful for us to do so.
We take a range of measures to protect your personal information details which can be provided upon request.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with information, content, products and/or services;
- improve information, content, products and/or services or our Website;
- keep you informed about activities, content, products and services associated with our business;
- respond to your queries, request and issues;
- facilitate access to and management of our Website; and
- operate our business efficiently.
Using your personal information for marketing
We may use personal information you have provided to us, including your email address, postal address and telephone number, to contact you to provide you with information in relation to content available on our Website, new or updated content, or other items or material that may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you in this way if you have consented to receive such messages.
If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
Disclosing your personal information
In order to run our business efficiently, improve and provide content, products and services to you, respond to your queries and/or send you information about future content, products, services and/or other items or material that may be of interest to you, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties such as third party job platforms (when you have asked us to do so), our marketing services providers, independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, parties providing us with online tools and website hosts.
We will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with content, products and/or services which you have requested or to otherwise implement the terms relating to our content, products and/or services;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or the Company; and/or
- the assets and operations of our business are transferred to a third party.
Links to other websites
Access and accuracy
Upon request, we will provide you with access to personal information that we hold about you, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information. To request access to your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing us at the email address set out in the paragraph above and we will amend your record to make the necessary corrections.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the Company.
In respect of all online dealings, however, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be absolutely guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through our Websites and you use our Websites at your own risk.