- $85000 - $95000 per annum
- Job Type
- 10 days ago
- Unique opportunity at a Top 100 Firm in a 50% advisory focused role
- Clients with complex structures from a diverse range of industries
- High-tech paperless CBD office with an ex-Big Four senior management team
About the Client
This exceptional mid-tier firm of 32 staff and multiple partners is renowned for its high-performance in the business services space, with a fee-base growth rate of 20% in the past two years. With a fascinating client base of household names, listed companies and HNWIs, you will never lack for diversity and challenge in your work. The Canberra firm is ambitious in it's performance targets, yet partners and managers still maintain a casual culture of comradery for their staff. It is this perfect equilibrium that has kept staff around, and the average tenure is over 8 years.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to assist a range of high-profile clients and build rapport with them, while building their career path. There is also plenty of exposure to varied aspects of business advisory, such as cashflow forecasting, tax planning, and outsourced CFO work.
About the Role
Dive straight into advisory work with support from managers and partners, who have an open-door polic, and are always available to provide advice as you carry out the tasks below:
- Service a range of diverse client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to tax planning work
- Exposure to indirect tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Business Advisory work such as cashflow forecasting etc.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, listed clients, very HNWIs and Large Family Groups from a variety of industries – medical, legal, renewables, and financial services
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies independently or alongside a partner
- Mentor juniors and intermediates and provide guidance
Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- 3+ years public practice experience
- Onshore applicants only - Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Support for extensive career progression – fast track promotion to manager
- Engage with a broad range of clients from a variety of industries in this advisory focused role
- An exciting and technological environment with constant opportunities for staff training & development
- A social and friendly team environment - regular staff functions and extracurricular activities, after work drinks
- $1000 annual wellness budget to spend how you see fit!
- Frequent performance and salary reviews
- 5 weeks annual leave and time in lieu if you need to work overtime during busy tax season
- Staff that contribute to office culture and development – work with a dynamic partnership group with Big Four experience
- Modern office with a completely paperless environment
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.