- $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 12 days ago
5+ years PQE
- Work with a collegiate team in a positive and down to earth environment
- Take ownership of your matters and work closely with clients
- Mentor juniors in the team
Our client’s Corporate team are entrenched in the industries of their clients and they take great pride in what can be achieved when you combine deep sector knowledge with commerciality and technical excellence. The Corporate team is a collegiate team and enjoy working together in a positive and down to earth environment. They like to enable their experienced lawyers (Senior Associates) to take ownership of their matters, work closely with clients and mentor the juniors in the team. They want to set you up for the best possible career success.
In this role you will be acting for clients in unregulated mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, finance and foreign investment matters, project finance and borrower finance. Working with a wide range of projects in the energy and resources sector. The work will be a variety of establishing and negotiating joint ventures and similar arrangements, due diligence, merger and acquisition agreements, loan, security, and priority arrangements to complex legislative and advisory work including as relates to Foreign Investment and the PPSR regime.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 6 years PQE;
- Experience in Corporate law preferably gained within a mid to large commercial firm;
- Ideally experience in the energy and resources sector;
- Strong drafting skills;
- A genuine desire in pursuing your career in the area;
- Excellent client service ethic;
- A desire to learn and to provide technically excellent advice is essential;
- Strong communicator;
- Ability to work well both autonomously and as part of a close-knit team.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Flexible working practices;
- Charity leave;
- Onsite barista;
- Holistic health and wellbeing program.