- North Rocks
- $250000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Director of Education – NextSense
- Leading Not-for-Profit organisation
- Provide strategic direction and advice to executive leadership team on partnerships, revenue generation and best practice within education and program delivery.
- Support vision and drive innovation through research and understanding of global responses to disabilities in education.
- CBD Location with plans to move to state-of-the-art facility end of 2023
NextSense, formerly Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC), is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or have low vision across Australia. A registered NDIS provider, NextSense works with children, adults, and their families to educate and create an individual program of care that meets unique needs.
NextSense has undergone significant transformation recently through re-branding and the acquisition of smaller organisations, positioning themselves as a national leader and best in class within their respective field.
The vision and shared goal of all employees and affiliates is to break down the barriers, between education and disability, through the provision of critical services, integrated development programs, community partnerships and ongoing research.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, who can be described as a dynamic visionary, the Director of Education is a critical member of the Executive Leadership Team and is responsible for leading and developing an innovative response to all education services.
A true idealist, strategist, academic and passionate practitioner will impact and influence change through:
- Collaborating with colleagues internally and across the sector to refine a vision for the future of inclusive educational services for learners with sensory disabilities.
- Advancing the vision into a deliverable strategy to evolve our ability to meet the needs of more students with sensory disability.
- Reviewing and overseeing the modification of our current operating model to align with best practice and the inclusive education strategy, ensuring an optimal structure for our preschool, school, and associated services.
- Building strong strategic partnerships to support the translation of the models of service delivery into other environments.
- Designing and implementing strategies for revenue generation to support exemplary services in the field.
- Designing and implementing evidence metrics to demonstrate and reinforce our position as a leader in inclusive education.
- Leading and supporting senior educational services staff, teachers, and allied professionals in creating and implementing the inclusive education strategy.
- Ensuring all education services are operating at levels that exceed all applicable government (national and state) and industry standards and guidelines (e.g., NESA, ACEEQA) for service delivery.
- In partnership with People and Culture, ensuring the provision of a child safe environment in alignment with child safe organisation standards and accreditation.
- Leading the development of planning and reporting frameworks that ensure governing body and corporate governance requirements are met and exceeded.
- Working collaboratively to implement organisational strategy across functions, as respected Executive team member.
- Master’s degree in education | special education or related discipline
- Ten years’ experience relevant to the role
- Extensive principal or executive level experience in private or public systems with experience in specialist/inclusive education models; including:
- Experience in leading and developing high performing teams and education leaders
- Demonstrated high standards of service delivery quality with experience in implementing robust quality control policies and procedures
- Proven ability to implement complex strategies.
- Track record as a highly regarded and influential professional in the disability, education, or inclusive education sector.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organisations in the disability sector with strong commercial and financial acumen; including:
- Experience in the compilation of budgets and financial forecasts and presenting these to executive management
- Experience working with and presenting to a highly engaged Board of Directors and associated sub committees
- Experience designing new revenue streams and programs
- Managing various operations within a division within the policies and guidelines established by executive management.
- Purposeful organisation and leader in this field
- A true partnership with the Executive team
- Opportunity to really drive and support the integration of children with disabilities into mainstream education
- 6 weeks paid leave
- Unlimited Personal Carers leave
- NextSense’ State-of-the-art facility at Macquarie University Campus
Contact details - firstname.lastname@example.org