- $80000 - $95000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Exciting opportunity in an up-and-coming boutique with a diverse and growing client base
- Plenty of rewarding client-facing advisory work
- Collaborative team with constant learning and growth opportunities
About the Client
The client is a promising Newcastle based boutique firm who is experiencing rapid growth and looking to add a new senior to their team. They are going from strength to strength in the industry and winning a lot of work from the larger firms due to their progressive attitude and paperless office environment, so you will work hands on with clients from a variety of industries using the best technologies.
Work amongst experienced and passionate colleagues and gain experience and knowledge directly from partners, who have an open-door policy. In addition, the firm believes in the power of knowledge, and offers a variety of training seminars to ensure you are on track to meet your professional goals, as well as well informed on the current market landscapes.
You will be expected to play a valuable role within the management team, and your opinions on how to better the organisation will be heard, considered, and often implemented. Building relationships and trust is a core value of the organisation, not just with clients but between all staff as well. You will be able to work autonomously or receive guidance when needed.
About the Role
Be directly involved in helping your clients reach their financial goals as you work alongside managers and partners, as well as the CEOs and CFOs of the clients. You will also lead a team of 3 or 4 accountants and review their work. In addition, you will:
- Oversee and deliver tasks such as management accounting, board report packs, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and succession planning
- Manage your own client portfolio and provide tailored client advice
- Complex tax returns and financial statements for complex client groups, as well as work on tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a
- Work with a diverse range of clients with TOs of up to 10 million, from industries such as tradies, doctors, legal firms, engineers, retail, hospitality, professional services, and primary productions
- Be the point of contact for clients and hold regular face to face (or virtual) meetings
- Business advisory services such as budget forecasting, tax planning etc.
- Organise workflows and review work for your team
Skills & Experience
- CA/CPA qualification or near completion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 3 years Public Practice experience
- Superb communication skills
- Sound tax and accounting knowledge, and a willingness to learn and grow
- Australian/NZ permanent residency essential
- Onshore applicants only
- Support for extensive career progression – fast track promotion to manager
- Engage with a broad range of clients from a variety of industries in this advisory focused role
- An exciting and technological environment with constant opportunities for staff training & development
- A social and friendly team environment - regular staff functions and extracurricular activities, after work drinks
- Frequent performance and salary reviews
- Time in lieu if you need to work overtime during busy tax season
- Staff that contribute to office culture and development?– work with a dynamic partnership group with Top 10 experience
- Modern office with a completely paperless environment
If this opportunity interests you, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.