- North Sydney
- $150000 - $160000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Legal Counsel - Construction
- In-House - Leading Projects
- Sydney - Competitive Remuneration
A newly created opportunity has arisen for a senior front-end construction legal counsel to join one of Australia’s leading engineering organisations. Working alongside a highly experienced team you will be responsible for a variety of contracts ranging from complex heavy engineering and infrastructure projects including PPP’s to operation, maintenance or construction projects, leases, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, procurement contracts and other commercial arrangements.
This opportunity will involve:
- Reviewing and negotiating proposed contracts
- Provide drafting, negotiation, and settlement of downstream procurement contracts
- Provide assistance with major projects including the setting up and monitoring of contract administration procedures
- Providing the business with front-end advice on infrastructure projects
- Keeping the business abreast of legal risks.
- Ideally 4+ years PQE gained from a leading private practice firm or in-house organisation
- Experience reviewing and negotiating construction contracts
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing deadlines.
- In-depth understanding of construction law and construction related contracts.
If you’re a motivated and focused candidate looking for a challenging in-house opportunity this could be the next role for you. In return it offers a collegiate and flexible team environment working on a variety of matters.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.