- $180000 - $220000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Regional Counsel 8+ years PQE
- In-House - Corporate/Commercial
- Voted one of Australia’s (and the world’s) Best Places to Work since 2014!
WHO IS STYKER
Have you always dreamed about working for a company that really makes a difference? A company whose products help to put people back together after car accidents or restarts a heart after a heart attack? THAT is what we do… we have the privilege to help doctors and nurses change and save lives!
Plus, we’ve been voted one of Australia’s (and the world’s) Best Places to Work since 2014! Not only do you get to work in organisation that makes a difference… you get to work with amazing people.
We are currently partnering with Stryker, a leading global medical technologies organisation, who is seeking a Regional Counsel to join its Sydney based in-house team. Stryker prides itself on its business partnering model and in this role as Regional Counsel you will be a true collaborator with all areas of the business (sales, marketing, compliance, HR, finance and the supply chain teams). Reporting into the Senior Regional Counsel ANZ, a subject matter expert manager who is supportive and passionate about your growth. Stryker’s culture is to work hard, driven to win, whilst caring about their people and operating as one team to flex around the needs of the business. Stryker acts with integrity, accountability, is about people and performance. As an experienced lawyer, you will play a key role in exercising these values in the day-to-day management of legal matters.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ideally 8+ years PQE gained from a reputable firm or leading in-house organisation
- Strong contract drafting and contract review skill set as well as commercial acumen
- Team player mentality and enjoy working in a team environment
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships and communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Proven track record of influencing change and making things happen
- Be able to juggle multiple prioritise and get things done
- The desire to impact, influence, add value and champion significant legal initiatives
- Be a YES person!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on various types of agreements including; commercial agreements, major projects and facilities agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, R+D contracts, clinical agreements, capital deals and bespoke agreements.
- Reviewing marketing collateral, advising on competition law, cyber and privacy law
- Assisting with other legal matters affecting the business for example; compliance, employment law, insurance and external counsel on any litigation and claims
- As required assisting with preparation of company secretarial documents
- Working with APAC and US/EU colleagues on projects
- Liaising with external legal counsel.
WHAT STRYKER OFFERS
- A Manager who cares about you, your strengths and will help you to become the best possible version of yourself.
- An environment that focuses on who you are as a person and then who you are as an employee.
- To learn daily. And to be challenged daily.
- When we say ‘Flexibility’ we mean it, supportive around what works for you.
- A business of engaged, positive, energetic and passionate people.
Join some of the brightest, most capable and committed people in the medical technology industry to achieve success and make the kind of contribution that matters to you.
If you believe you are a right fit for this role, click apply now! For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.