- Sydney CBD
- $120000 - $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- In-house Legal Counsel
- Leading Financial Services Organisation
- High performing collegiate team
A unique opportunity has arisen for an insurance lawyer with at least 3 years’ PAE to join the in-house team of a leading insurer. Working closely with the General Counsel and the experienced legal team the purpose of your role is to deliver high quality legal services, establish key relationships with their legal customers and contribute to a high performing, customer focused legal team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support for legal issues arising from insurance operations including product, underwriting, claims, complex and material claims, key trends in claims and claims management, complaints and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with oversight of complex and material claims and claims management.
- Develop an understanding of their relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- Contribute to legal project management and legal risk management
- Continually contribute to improvement of work systems, processes and planning systems within your team and across the broader organisation with respect to insurance operations including management and oversight of complex and material claims.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ PAE gained within a top-tier law firm, leading insurance firm or an ASX listed financial services organisation
- Legal practice experience in one or more of the following areas: insurance law; insurance litigation; property, liability and/or statutory classes of insurance; legal and regulatory framework governing general insurance; claims management and coverage issues; policy interpretation; complaints handling; general insurance products; and management of legal and regulatory risks relating to insurance operations
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills
- Solutions-focused with the ability to triage multiple priorities at any one time
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.