- $150000 - $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Want to work for a global firm with global clients?
- Have you got at least 5 years pqe?
- Wide variety of work on offer.
Our client is looking with a Senior Associate or Junior Special Counsel with a minimum of 5+ years PAE to join their insurance practice. The successful candidate will work directly with one of the partners on a mix of complex general insurance matters, advising on both coverage and insurance litigation issues.
The role will included the day to day handling and management of high value coverage disputes for professional institutions, financial institutions, corporate service providers, directors and officers (D&O), as well as offering clear written advice to their clients. The role will also have a focus on the defence of professional liability claims, monitoring claims in other jurisdictions, arbitrations and subrogated recoveries. This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable and forward-thinking global law firm.
The team in Sydney have extensive experience across multiple lines of insurance work, with a particular depth of expertise in professional indemnity, financial institutions, directors’ and officers’ (D&0), medical malpractice, public and product liability, property and construction, energy, cyber, marine, transport and employment.
- Domestic & international insurers and reinsurers;
- Lloyds syndicates;
- Global composites;
- Self-insured PLC’s.
- High value coverage disputes for financial institutions;
- Directors and Officers insurance;
- High value professional liability claims;
- Subrogated recoveries on behalf of insurers;
- Cyber matters.
- 5+ years’ experience, with relevant defendant experience from a reputable insurance team;
- Self-starter with the ability to run with matters autonomously with limited supervision;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A desire to manage and mentor more junior lawyers in the team with file management/progression;
- Methodical and organised approach to file management;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with excellent organisation skills and attention to detail;
- High level of professionalism and integrity;
- Highest standard of professional ethics.