- $55000 - $60000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Specialised graduate program to develop your skills and experience
- Hybrid working options to enable upmost flexibility
- Outgoing and friendly team of young professionals with a vibrant social calendar
About the Firm
An established firm situated in Norwest Business Hub is looking for an exceptional junior accountant who is confident and ready to progress their career at a fast-paced firm. This is a medium-sized, 60-year-old organisation where you will access a designated training program to welcome you to the public practice world and accelerate your professional goals.
You will work under an ex-Big Four management senior team who have maintained their client base from their Big Four days. You will jump straight in and gain exposure to tax advisory, outsourced CFO work, and business advisory. You will be involved in high level projects with large and complex clients, rather than stuck behind the desk of a mid-tier doing basic work on SMEs.
One of the core missions of this firm is finding and developing young and capable individuals into experienced and well-rounded professionals. There is a focus not only on developing your accounting and advisory skills, yet exposing you to the public practice world, helping you network, and building on your soft skills as well.
The team are friendly and inviting, they love some to have a laugh and bond in and out of the office. Most staff are under 30, and enjoy frequent social events, such as Friday night drinks and or end-of-year boat parties.
About the Role
You will receive support from a senior management team of ex-Big Four as you meet with a wide array of multinational and domestic clients. Regular duties will include:
- Work independently or alongside managers and partners on client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Introduction to Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Hands on work with a range of clients from a variety of different industries, such as hospitality, NFPs, financial services.
- Join colleagues as they provide advice for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients alongside a colleague
The right person will come with excellent communication skills and be a quick learner who is passionate about helping clients to reach their financial goals. In addition you will need:
- Minimum 6 months accounting experience at a public practice firm
- Tertiary studies in relevant field (Bachelors or higher)
- Be a confident team player
- Have commenced CA/CPA or plan to
- Australian Permanent Residence or Citizenship
- Be based in Australia
- A mid-sized firm where you can make lasting relationships and establish networks
- Learn on the job alongside an ex-big four senior management team
- Client facing work – receive great exposure to many elements of business services
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Tailored career plan and development program
- Salary review every six months and above market rate for quality work
- Great staff facilities – kitchen with drinks, fruit and snacks to help yourself to at any time
- Work from home options once you pass probation
- Young and fun team with Friday afternoon discounted drinks at the firm’s local bar, regular team bonding and parties
If this opportunity interests you, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.