- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Top independent PR Agency
- Based near Alexandria
- Work with some of Australia’s biggest and best brands
Our client is a top independent PR agency working with clients across a number of sectors notably food and drink brands. They have the flexibility to work with well-known brands as well as disruptive start-ups and work with clients on managing reputations, launching new products, and creating brand partnerships. The agency offers great benefits including flexible working, socials, quarterly financial rewards and L&D opportunities.
As the Account Manager you will be taking responsibility for leading and running accounts. Responsible for managing client relationships, managing budgets, and creating campaigns. In addition, you will be mentoring junior members of the team and delegating tasks. It will be an opportunity to get exposed to different clients and industries and learn the skills required for different sectors. You will also spend a lot of time practising your writing and media relations skills.
- Account Management – project management and supplier management. Hands-on event experience and running the client account. Updating WIP and coverage reports.
- Media relations – creating briefing documents, briefing clients, and joining interviews.
- Writing and editing – creating press releases and web copy to continue to improve these skills
- Research – support client teams and new business pitches by researching industries, clients, suppliers, and individuals to drive insights and media angles
- Media analysis and reporting – tracking and monitoring coverage in order to evaluate effectiveness and report back to clients, as well as acting and recommending responses
- Media relationships – build and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers relevant to your client accounts
- Client relationships – through more client contact you will be responsible for building and maintain client relationship and taking greater interest in clients’ businesses and industries. Take a role in client meetings and present proposals
- Social media – content creation, community management and reporting with the support of social team
- 3-4 years PR agency experience
- Understanding of traditional and digital PR approach
- Attention to detail
- Experience in media relations
- Passion and knowledge about consumer leisure and lifestyle brands
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Driven and motivated
- Good organisation and time management skills
An opportunity for an Account Manager with a keen interest in leisure and lifestyle brands to work at a well-respected independent agency with amazing well-known clients.