- Job Type
- 4 months ago
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Australia (Sydney/ Perth/ Brisbane/ Melbourne)
Our client is a global leader in engineering and industrial software driving digital transformation across the entire asset and operational life cycle of capital-intensive industries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis of product support issues via phone, email & web chat for SCADA products to experienced end users, distributors and system integrators.
- Become a trusted advisor and single point of contact for strategic customers. Be the customer champion for best implementation of Citect products.
- Research issues and interface with product development, product management, and other technical support teams to resolve issues, provide architectural advice and help implement best practice solutions.
- Assist in improving Support team performance and mentor Support team members with technical advice, training and introduction of improvements
- Identify and keep management aware of potential improvement areas around product, services and training. When requested or required, be part of design and implementation teams working on these identified improvement areas.
- When required or requested, go on customer site visits to provide consultancy services in conjunction with the associated customer
- Assist and when required lead efforts in transforming support to a Knowledge Centred Service organisation. Activity contribute towards knowledge sharing activities like writing knowledge articles, tech alerts/notes, utilities, prepare and present webinars etc.
- Work with relevant teams to improve the overall quality, reliability and usability of support tools by Identifying and reporting improvement areas, bugs and workarounds for tools and technology solutions used by support team.
- Tertiary qualified in Industrial Automation, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related disciplines with experience providing expert level technical support or extensive experience in operations / project delivery in industrial automation software domain.
- Minimum three or more years’ engineering experience designing, developing, implementing, and supporting industrial automation software solutions with demonstrable knowledge, and implementation / troubleshooting experience with SCADA software (preferably CitectSCADA)
- Excellent communication skills enabling professional management of key accounts
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Experience with complex software configurations, networking, TCP/IP communications, database connectivity, SQL, Windows Client Server architecture.
- Experience with industrial communications networks and protocols E.g. OPC (DA, AE, HDA), OPC UA, Modbus, DNP3 etc is a must.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Scripting/programming language experience (VBScript, .NET, C++ or C#) required
- Good understanding of SQL compliant databases and ability to query and troubleshoot data issues.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and public holidays
If you are interested in the role please reach out to our consultant Waqas Kidwai at 0401 274 821