- The Hill
- $55000 per annum
- Job Type
- 4 months ago
- Top 50 Firm with an impressive growth rate
- Flexible working options - WFH or in their luxury office
- Outgoing and friendly team of young professionals
About the Firm
A leading firm in the heart of Newcastle is looking for an exceptional junior accountant who is confident and ready to progress their career at a fast-paced firm. This is a large and well established organisation where you will access top of the range training and programs to accelerate your professional goals.
You will work under the senior team as you gain exposure to tax advisory, outsourced CFO work, and business advisory. With this experience, you will be able to rise through the ranks of this mid-tier firm or move on to a Big 4.
The enduring success of this firm comes from their mission to develop their employees technical and soft skills and create engaging and well-rounded young professionals that will one day become industry leaders. You will access a personalised career plan to ensure that your career goals are acknowledged and achieved, and do meaningful work that expands your compliance and advisory knowledge.
The team are outgoing and boisterous, they love some office banter and a laugh. The majority of staff are under 30, and enjoy frequent social events, such as Friday night drinks and chicken wings.
About the Role
You will receive support from a senior team of ex-Big Four as you meet with a wide array of multinational and domestic clients. Regular duties will include:
- Work independently and with assistance on client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Introduction to Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Hands on work with SME's from a variety of different industries, such as transport, hospitality, and mining.
- Observe colleagues as they provide advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients alongside a colleague
- Minimum 1+ years accounting experience at a public practice firm
- Tertiary studies in relevant field (Bachelors or higher)
- A confident team player with excellent communication skills
- Have commenced CA/CPA or plan to
- Must have Australian Permanent Residence or Citizenship
- Based in Australia
- A large firm where you can make lasting relationships and establish networks
- Learn on the job alongside experienced and friendly colleagues
- Client facing work – receive great exposure to many elements of business services
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Monthly external educators for those who wish to upskill in both technical and soft skills
- $750 Technology budget – put it towards a new laptop or mobile phone
- Salary review every six months and above market rate for quality work
- Great staff facilities – kitchen with drinks, fruit and snacks to help yourself to at any time
- Work from home options once you pass probation
- Young and fun team with Friday afternoon discounted drinks at the firm’s local bar, regular team bonding and parties
If this opportunity interests you, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details