- $130000 - $160000 per annum
- Job Type
- 20 days ago
- Legal Counsel - Commercial/IT Focus
- Global Financial Services Organisation
- Sydney CBD
A leading financial services organisation is seeking an experienced legal counsel to join their group legal team. Reporting into the General Counsel this role plays an integral part of providing legal advice to senior management and all group functions. The role of the senior legal counsel will involve ensuring the group is protected through timely and accurate legal advice.
- Reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts with partners and suppliers
- Managing, negotiating & advising the business on a range of commercial IT agreements
- Advising and reviewing intellectual property matters and privacy law
- Assisting with the management of litigation and disputes
- Supporting the Risk and Compliance teams with legislative and regulatory changes
- Assisting the General Counsel with ad hoc legal matters as they arise including digital/ tech initiatives
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years PQE gained within a leading law firm or in-house organisation
- Experience across one of the following areas banking and finance, financial services, corporate and commercial
- Exposure to IT agreements and privacy law would be viewed favourably
- Superior negotiating and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work across competing deadlines
- Enjoy working as part of a collegiate team.
If you are a driven and positive individual who is looking for their next challenge or first role in-house this could be the move for you. Offering a diverse legal workload in a supportive team environment.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.