- $65000 - $74990 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Mid-Tier Firm with a focus on training and development
- Face-to-face advisory work with interesting and complex clients
- Young and fun team and access to a variety of staff benefits
About the Client
This mid-tier firm of 30 staff and multiple partners is renowned for its consistent and impressive performance in business services and is looking to add an enthusiastic intermediate account to the team. The firm is an annual over-achiever, with a steadily growing fee base that is helping them climb the Top 100 list. Despite the strong drive and ‘need to achieve’ culture of the firm, partners and managers still maintain an agile and friendly environment for their staff. It is this perfect equilibrium that has kept staff around, and the average tenure is 10 years.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to assist a range of high-profile clients and build rapport with them, while building their career path. There is also plenty of exposure to varied aspects of business services, such as business advisory, tax consulting and value-add work.
About the Role
Work alongside and support senior accountants while mentoring a small team of juniors. Managers and partners have an open-door policy, and are always available to provide guidance as you carry out the tasks below:
- Service a range of diverse client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to tax planning work
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Business Advisory work such as cashflow forecasting etc.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups.
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- 2 years public practice experience
- Onshore applicants only - Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Get an extra week of leave after 1 years’ tenure!
- Quick progression to senior for the right person before 12 months
- Focus on work/life balance – possibility to work from home and choose your own hours
- Salary reviewal every six months & a 10% annual bonus
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Monthly comprehensive training aimed to upskill staff
- $1000 Technology budget – put it towards a new phone or personal laptop
- Supportive and authentic office environment with great staff facilities, Friday afternoon drinks, regular team bonding and functions
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.