- $50000 - $55000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Top 20 Firm with the personality of a boutique
- Develop your skills in business services with exposure to advisory work
- Outgoing and friendly office of young professionals
About the Firm
A leading firm in the heart of Sydney is looking for a graduate or junior accountant who is ready to turbo charge their career in the business services and advisory space. The firm is renowned for it’s personable nature, where you will work alongside managers and partners who have come directly from Big 4, business advisory and financial planning, and who will impact you with their wealth of knowledge and expertise. With a good attitude and dedication to your work, you will easily progress to Intermediate within 12 months.
You will work under a team of senior accountants as you gain exposure to tax advisory, outsourced CFO work, and business advisory. With this experience, you will be able to rise through the ranks of this mid-tier firm or move on to a Big 4.
With over 50 years of experience under their belt, this firm is a household name in the accountancy space. Their enduring success comes from their mission to develop their employees technical and soft skills and create engaging and well-rounded young professionals that will one day become industry leaders. There are regular team training sessions by both internal and external educators to enable this, as well as constant informal learning between colleagues. Excellence at work is recognised and rewarded, with frequent MVP awards and prizes.
This is a dynamic work environment where you can expand your horizons and create long lasting networks and relationships. There are frequent social events such as office trivia, The majority of staff are under 30, and the team is looking for someone who can be apart of the office banter and Friday afternoon drinks.
About the Role:
You will receive support from Intermediate colleagues as you gain exposure to a wide array of business services. Regular duties will include:
- Work independently and with assistance on client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Introduction to Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Hands on work with SME's from a variety of different industries, such as hospitality, medical, and transport.
- Observe colleagues as they provide advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients alongside a colleague
- 1+ years accounting experience in business services
- Tertiary studies in relevant field (Bachelors or higher)
- Excellent communication skills
- Have commenced CA/CPA or plan to
- Must have Australian Permanent Residence or Citizenship
- Based in Australia
- A small team where you can stand out and progress easily
- Learn on the job alongside experienced and friendly colleagues
- 40% advisory work – receive great exposure to many elements of business services
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Monthly external educators for those who wish to upskill in both technical and soft skills
- $750 Technology budget – put it towards a new laptop or mobile phone
- Salary review every six months and opportunity to progress to intermediate within 12 months
- Great staff facilities – kitchen with drinks, fruit and snacks to help yourself to at any time
- Work from home options
- Rewards and Recognitions Program – receive vouchers and bonuses for hard work
- Young and fun team with Friday afternoon discounted drinks at the firm’s local bar, regular team bonding and parties
If you are a recent graduate ready to kick start your career, this is the role for you! Apply above or email your resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.