- $72500 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- Top 100 Firm with an emphasis on career progression and development
- Face-to-face advisory work with interesting and complex clients
- Young and fun team and access to a variety of staff benefits
About the Client
This mid-tier firm has 40 staff and multiple partners and prides itself on consistent high performance in the accountancy space, while also maintaining a dynamic and engaging work environment. As the firm continues to grow at a fee-based rate of 15% per annum, a passionate intermediate account is needed to join the team. This would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to assist a range of high-profile clients and build rapport with them, while building their career path. There is also plenty of exposure to varied aspects of business services, such as business advisory, tax consulting and value-add work.
If you are looking for a well-established firm in the hustle and bustle of Sydney CBD, this is the place for you. Work amongst a young and innovative team as you start to build your own client portfolio.
About the Role
Work alongside and support senior accountants while mentoring a small team of juniors. Managers and partners have an open-door policy, and are always available to provide guidance as you carry out the tasks below:
- Service a range of diverse client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to tax planning work
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Business Advisory work such as cashflow forecasting etc.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups.
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Commitment to professional development
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- Minimum 2 years public practice experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Onshore applicants only - Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Plenty of transport options to get to and from work – beautiful work environment in a newly renovated office with stunning city views
- Quick progression to senior for the right person before 12 months
- Focus on work/life balance – possibility to work from home and extra wellness leave opportunities
- Salary reviewal every six months & a 10% annual bonus
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Monthly comprehensive training aimed to upskill staff
- $1000 Technology budget – put it towards a new phone or personal laptop
- Supportive and authentic office environment with great staff facilities, Friday afternoon drinks, regular team bonding and functions
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.