- $150000 - $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- Legal Counsel - Group Legal
- Transactions and legal documentation focus
- Role to be based out of Sydney
Our client, a leading global bank, is seeking a lawyer with demonstrated in-house or private practice experience to join as legal counsel. Working with the Group Legal team, you will be involved in providing advice and responding to legal enquiries in relation to the banks Australian transactions.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Providing advice on the structuring of transactions and the drafting of documentation, including loan offer letters, securities, and more
- Monitoring and providing advice on changes to legal regimes across Australia
- Ensuring compliance with subpoenas and other notices served
- Preparing and presenting legal education and training sessions
- Providing advice on non-transactional matters where appropriate
- Assisting with special projects and undertaking legal research.
- Ideally 3-6 years PQE in private practice or a financial institution, with a focus on transactions and preparing legal documentation
- An understanding of ASIC’s regulatory role and experience working with company structures
- Exposure to conveyancing and PPSR
- An understanding of the internal processes and practices of a financial institution, and exposure to the NCC and Code of Banking Practice
Some benefits of this role include a competitive remuneration package, a flexible working environment and diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in the workplace.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 02 9195 2980/0434 294 665.