- $165000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
- Legal Counsel -In-House
- Insurance, worker’s compensation and home building focus
- Role to be based out of Sydney
- Fixed term contract - 22 months
Our client is seeking a lawyer with demonstrated in-house or private practice experience to join their team and work closely with one or more of their scheme service lines (such as Insurance for NSW, Home Building Compensation Fund, Workers Compensation, or serveral other schemes). Working with other legal team members and clients, you will be involved in identifying and resolving a range of legal matters for the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with one or more of the companies service lines to manage and resolve complex legal matters with a primary focus on administrative law;
- Analyse and provide advice on complex legal matters to meet business requirements;
- Facilitating client engagement, consulting and negotiating on significant legal issues and ensure that consistent, practicable and commercial advice is provided;
- Select, instruct and oversee law firms, retained to provide advice and conduct litigation;
- Identify relevant and emerging legal and policy issues;
- Demonstrate strong client engagement skills;
- Develop and deliver training on legal matters;
- Attend and respond to GIPA and privacy enquiries, provide appropriate legal advice and ensure legislative requirements are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- 6+ PAE in-house or at a leading firm
- Proficient knowledge in the areas of administrative law, insurance law, worker’s compensation, public liability, or dispute resolution
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An ability to apply high-level problem solving and judgement
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paige De Losa on 0418 446 374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.