- $155000 - $185000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Legal Counsel
- Global Bank
A new opportunity has arisen for a legal counsel to join the group legal team of a leading global bank. The role has arisen due to growth and will see you alongside other members of the group legal team providing support to the bank in relation to transactional and non transactional matters, reviewing loan and security documentation.
- Providing advice to the Country Banking and Country Banking Credit Departments on the structuring of transactions and the drafting of loan offer letters, securities, facility and associated documentation, precedent documents and new products and policies
- Providing advice on non-transactional matters eg compliance with laws generally and review and drafting of contractual documentation to be entered into by other areas of the bank
- Monitoring legal changes for various departments within Australia
- Assisting as required within Group Legal to ensure compliance with subpoenas and other notices served upon Australian & New Zealand entities, including reviewing documents prior to production
- As required, aiding with special projects and undertaking legal research on defined subject matters
- Preparing and presenting legal education and training sessions for relevant staff
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience within either a law firm or a financial institution, with a focus on transactions and preparing legal documentation
- Previous experience working with Company structures, and an understanding of ASIC’s regulatory role in governance and regulation
- Proven knowledge of process for conveyancing of land and the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR)
- Experience with internal processes and practices of a financial institution (e.g. understanding of bank products, systems, risk management and lending processes)
- Exposure to agricultural/rural lending and securities and the NCC and Code of Banking Practice would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A driven and motivated person who enjoys working in a team environment.
Some benefits of this role include a competitive remuneration package, a flexible working environment and diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity in the workplace.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 02 9195 2980/0434 294 665.