- $60000 - $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
- Diverse role - 70% SMSF and 30% Business Services work
- Work face-to-face with a range of friendly and interesting clients
- An above industry salary package with frequent reviewal processes
About the Client
A top 100 firm is looking for a technically adept accountant to join their SMSF team. No two days will ever be the same - utilise your skills in SMSF while also working in business services and conducting business advisory work with a range of intriguing and complex client portfolios.
The firm has a forward-thinking organisational culture, and managers and partners practice an open-door policy. Your ideas on how to improve workflows will always be heard and incorporated where possible. This is a firm that is invested in your development, and there are frequent training sessions in hard and soft skills, so you can become the best version of your professional self.
About the Role
From the SMSF team you will apply your strong technical skills to deliver exceptional results for clients. You will support a team of senior accountants and managers, as well as mentoring some juniors.
More details about the role:
- Take personal responsibility of client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Establishment of new SMSF’s
- Preparation of pension documents
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Business Advisory work such as cashflow forecasting etc.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups.
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Commitment to professional development
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- Minimum 2 years public practice experience in SMSF
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Onshore applicants only - Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Modern premises with latest paperless and updated technology
- Focus on work/life balance – possibility to work from home and extra wellness leave opportunities
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Frequent and comprehensive training aimed to upskill staff
- Supportive and authentic office environment with great staff facilities
- Friday afternoon drinks, regular team bonding and functions
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or email@example.com for any further details.