- competitive salary
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
Job Type: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract (with high possibility of extension)
Location: Parramatta, NSW with flexible working arrangement
Reports to Head of Business Insights Group
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior data scientist to join an agile and innovative data & advanced analytics team with our client.
Our client is one of the top 10 private health insurance companies in Australia.
This role is heavily focused on Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and stakeholder engagement. Building robust data models to detect claim anomalies, bad administrations and fraudulent activities is one of the main objectives of this role. This role is also responsible to push the developed initiatives across sales and marketing to the next level using ML and AI techniques. There will be a close engagement between this role, business stakeholders specially in claim department and technical stakeholders such as data architect and data engineer
Essential Experience Requirement:
- In-depth knowledge on descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models
- Expert in utilising machine learning techniques to detect and predict events, trends, and behaviours.
- In depth knowledge on elasticity, propensity, time series, clustering, ensemble and reinforce learning models.
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Expert in Python, R, Databricks.
- Good visualisation skills specially in PowerBI
- Familiar with DevOps and agile methodologies
- PHI Background
- Hands-on experience in other Azure services like: Azure Data lake, Event Hub (Data streaming), Azure Serverless Functions, Azure Cosmos DB, Database, Azure SSIS Integration Runtime
- combine an inquisitive mind with an ability to understand a customer’s business context and translate the understanding into an innovative and iterative data science solution design that delivers value to business unit customers quickly
- Be accountable for the quality control of the core data science components
- Provide thought leadership on data science and AI ‘best practice’ through ongoing scans of the external environment
- Typically, this role requires 5+ years of relevant experience
If you have the skills required for this role please get in touch ASAP with our consultant Waqas Kidwai at email@example.com or 0401274821