- Melbourne CBD
- $100000 - $120000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
- Leading Energy Organisation with National presence
- Reports to Executive Manager Legal
- Legal advisory focus
Our client a leading energy organisation based in Melbourne's CBD is looking for a corporate lawyer to join their in-house legal team. Reporting to the Head of Legal, Regulatory and Compliance you will provide legal advisory services to the organisation, on a range of general and specific agreements, regulatory and compliance matters and other legal issues across all aspects of the business.
- Providing timely, commercially relevant advice and recommendations on a wide range of issues arising in connection with the business, including but not limited to issues in connection with regulatory and compliance matters.
- Reviewing and drafting legal documentation that is used in the ordinary course of business, including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, IT service agreements, channel partner agreements, customer referral agreements, and other agreements needed in the course of the business as an energy retailer.
- Advising on consumer law in the context of energy retail and preparing required documentation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Previous experience in one of M&A, or financing, or general commercial
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Commercial and solutions focused approach
- Strong relationship building skills
Some of the benefits include:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Autonomy & flexible working arrangements;
- A relaxed friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- A host of other benefits.