- $55000 per annum
- Job Type
- 16 days ago
- Establish your career at a leading chartered accounting firm
- Experience of a Big 4 with the charm of a Boutique!
- Learn about all aspects of business services, including advisory work
About the Firm
A boutique firm in the heart of Sydney is looking for a junior accountant is ready to put their best foot forward and start their career. This firm has multiple that have come directly from Big 4, and bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise with them. The personal nature of the office means you can be recognised for your hard work and access swift pathways for promotion to Intermediate within 12 months.
You will receive guidance from senior team members as you gain exposure to tax advisory, outsourced CFO work, and business advisory. With this experience, you will have the potential to internally progress within the firm, or move on to a top 100.
This organisation prioritises personal development and aims to help their employees develop technical and soft skills. There are regular team training sessions by both internal and external educators to enable this, as well as constant informal learning between colleagues. Excellence at work is recognised and rewarded, with frequent vouchers and awards.
This is a dynamic work environment where you can meet some really interesting and experienced people, and create long lasting networks and relationships. There are frequent social events such as office trivia, birthday cakes, and parties, to foster an environment where staff engage with each other and enjoy themselves.
About the Role
You will receive support from Intermediate colleagues as you gain exposure to a wide array of business services. Regular duties will include:
- Work independently and with assistance on client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Introduction to Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Hands on work with SME's from a variety of different industries, such as energy and renewables, retail, and tech.
- Observe colleagues as they provide advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients alongside a colleague
- 1+ years accounting experience in business services is essential
- Tertiary studies in relevant field (Bachelors or higher)
- Excellent written & communication skills.
- Have commenced CA/CPA or plan to
- Must have Australian Permanent Residence or Citizenship
- Based in Australia
- A small team where you can stand out and progress easily
- Learn on the job with an experienced and friendly team
- 40% advisory work – receive great exposure to many elements of business services
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- 2 optional external seminars per month for those who wish to upskill in both technical and soft skills
- Newly renovated office with latest paperless and updated technology
- Salary review every six months and opportunity to progress to intermediate within 12 months
- Great staff facilities – kitchen with drinks, fruit and snacks to help yourself to at any time
- Work from home options
- Rewards and Recognitions Program – receive vouchers and bonuses for hard work
- Young and fun team with Friday afternoon discounted drinks at the firm’s local bar, regular team bonding and parties
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, please apply now or contact Tamara Viner on firstname.lastname@example.org