- Sydney CBD
- $180000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- 19 days ago
- Senior Legal Counsel - Construction
- In-House - Leading Projects
- Sydney - Competitive Remuneration
A newly created opportunity has arisen for a senior front-end construction legal counsel to join one of Australia’s leading engineering organisations. Working alongside a highly experienced team you will be responsible for a variety of contracts and infrastructure projects.
This opportunity will involve:
- Reviewing and negotiating proposed contracts,
- Working on EPC and EPCM contracts,
- Providing the business with front-end advice on infrastructure projects
- Providing the business with front-end advice on large construction projects
- Keeping the business abreast of legal risks
- Supporting in the pursuit of projects – ie bids (EOIs, tenders) and contract negotiations; and
- Supporting project teams delivering projects, focusing on legal and commercial strategy and contract administration on significant projects.
- Ideally 4-6+ years PQE gained from a leading private practice firm or in-house organisation
- Experience reviewing and negotiating construction contracts
- Exposure to the utilities sector is advantageous
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing deadlines.
- In-depth understanding of construction law and construction related contracts.
If you’re a motivated and focused candidate looking for a challenging in-house opportunity this could be the next role for you. In return it offers a collegiate and flexible team environment working on a variety of matters
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.