- $50000 per annum
- Job Type
- 18 days ago
- Great opportunity to build your career at a Top 50 Firm
- A large team with a fun and friendly culture
- Exposure to all aspects of business services, including advisory work
About the Firm
This firm is home to a large and vibrant array of staff who comprise seven business services teams. They are a top 50 firm with multiple partners who are not only experts at what they do, but industry leaders. The firm has an international reach, and staff work alongside hundreds of international team members who provide a global insight.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ready to get serious about their career and put their name out there. You will receive guidance from senior team members as you gain exposure to tax advisory, outsourced CFO work, and business advisory.
This is a young and fun work environment where you can meet some really great people and develop relationships beyond just ‘office mates’. There are frequent social events such as office trivia, birthday cakes, and parties, to foster an environment where staff engage with each other and enjoy themselves.
Personal development is important as well. There are regular team training sessions where staff can present their expertise to others, be it in hard or soft skills. Excellence at work is recognised and rewarded, with frequent MVP awards and prizes.
About the Role
You will receive support from Intermediate colleagues as you gain exposure to a wide array of business services. Regular duties will include:
- Work independently and with assistance on client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Introduction to Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Hands on work with SME's from a variety of different industries, such as hospitality, manufacturing, and construction.
- Observe colleagues as they provide advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients alongside a colleague
- 1+ years accounting experience in business services is essential
- Tertiary studies in relevant field (Bachelors or higher)
- Excellent written & communication skills.
- Have commenced CA/CPA or plan to
- Must have Australian Permanent Residence or Citizenship
- Based in Australia
- Modern premises with latest paperless and updated technology
- Strong community spirit – charity work, donations, and sponsorships
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Regular external seminars and training days aimed to upskill staff in both hard and soft skills
- Salary review every six months and opportunity to progress to intermediate within 12 months
- Great staff facilities – drinks, fruit and snacks to help yourself to at any time
- Rewards and Recognitions Program – receive vouchers and bonuses for hard work
- Young environment with Friday afternoon drink trolley, regular team bonding and functions