- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
Contract through the end of March 2022
About the role
The ideal candidate will work in the Integration & Maintenance Engineering team which is responsible for the testing and integration of new releases of software, hardware and services into the network.
A key responsibility will be to primarily work in the Prepaid Integration and Maintenance Area Group but may be asked to work in other areas of the network if the need arises. The primary platforms the applicant is expected to work on include but not limited to Prepaid and Charging. This is a contract role and will require shift work including late nights and weekend work.
Key accountabilities for this job role and requirements a job applicant must be able to satisfy include:
- Tier 3 faults and maintenance support to Business Network and Consumer Operations and Engineering for various Consumer, OB and OW products.
- Assist in new product testing and integration into the production network, including vendor management for resolution of all software deficiencies prior to deployment.
- Participate in production network cutover procedures ensuring minimal customer impact and including seamless network rollback activities if required.
- Overall ownership of various products in relation to Operations.
- Reduce downtime/outages on production elements by ensuring best practices and supported software configurations are in-use.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades on production elements.
- Perform testing on new software and hardware elements.
- Investigate, develop and deploy new features or designs that will improve the efficiency of existing infrastructure.
- Develop well-prepared, accurate engineering network design and testing documentation.
- Detailed understanding of how prepaid works in a mobile environment and experience working on the Ericsson OCS platform is a pre requisite of this role
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications. Both depth and breadth of technical experience is required. This should include extensive experience in a technical role in one or more of the following areas: 2,2.5 and 3G Mobile Network Technologies, TDM voice, Voice over IP, SDH transmission, IP Networking, OSS (Network management), Intelligent Network elements, Voicemail systems, IVR Technologies,
- A technical qualification (degree) in Telecommunications Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) or equivalent
- Big data and analytics
- Detailed understanding of the diameter protocol in relation to policy enforcement
- Databases and in particular Postgres
- Unix skills and in particular Redhat