- $72500 per annum
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
- Diverse and experienced team with a people centric culture
- WFH flexibility post lockdown and staff wellbeing benefits
- Modern Norwest office with plenty of parking and public transport options
About the Client
A professional and dynamic Norwest firm is experiencing impressive growth and needs to expand their team. They are looking for an ambitious and skilled accountant who is interested in gaining exposure in business services and growing their career potential.
Managers and partners at this firm are strong believers in two-way communication. They not only provide guidance and training for staff, yet continually listen to employee feedback to ensure staff needs are being met.
This is a highly diverse firm that deals with a wide variety of business services, and it is a great opportunity to gain exposure. The firm boasts an instructive and educational environment, where everyone is encourages to learn from each other. With hundreds of combined years of experience between the employees, this is a firm where you can gain an invaluable vision of the industry. This is a close knit and inclusive team that enjoys socialising together and will finish the week with casual Fridays and dinner and drinks in one of the neighbourhood restaurants.
About the Role
Work with integrity as you service clients and handle a variety of portfolios from start-ups to large enterprises. You will support a passionate team of senior accountants and managers, as well as lead a small team of 3 junior accountants and interns.
More details about the role:
- Take personal responsibility of client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Tax Planning & dealing with key tax issues
- Maintain clients' asset register, adjusting journals and reconciliations.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups.
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Independent, motivated, and inquisitive
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- Over 2 years public practice experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Onshore applicants only - Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Modern premises with latest paperless and updated technology
- Strong community spirit – regular pro bono work, donations, and sponsorships
- Focus on work/life balance – possibility to work from home and extra wellness leave opportunities
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Experience from ex-Big Four + comprehensive training aimed to upskill staff
- Supportive and authentic office environment with great staff facilities
- Friday afternoon drinks, regular team bonding and functions
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or email@example.com for any further details.