- $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- 4 months ago
- Leading boutique firm in a charming Northern Beaches office
- Part-time and full-time applicants considered
- Internal progression pathways to Supervisor
About the Client
A medium sized firm are looking for a technically talented Senior Accountant to join their Northern Beaches office. At this firm, it’s quality over quantity, with a diverse staff of accountants, top of the range technology and processes, and superb and exciting growth potential.
Work in the bright and beautiful Northern Beaches, where you don’t need to worry about public transport and the madness of the CBD – there is plenty of car parking available. The team are friendly and enjoy taking lunch and after work drinks at the nearby local bars and restaurants.
You would never guess that this is only a medium size firm. The innovation and aptitude of the employees are second to none, and this is inspired by the partners and managers who are always open to new ideas and input. Trust and staff independence is paramount, employees can work freely and seek guidance when needed. The organisation fosters the belief to promote from within, and staff can access transparent pathways for career progression. The firm understands the need for flexibility, and work from home days will still be granted following the end of lockdown. In the office, there is a very social atmosphere, and staff collaborate, enjoy meals and afterwork drinks, and organise office social events such as birthdays or parties.
About the Role
Work alongside fellow senior accountants and answer to an experienced team of partners and managers. You will also lead a small team of intermediate and junior accountants.
More details about the role:
- Preparation and Lodgment of Tax Returns, BAS, Financial Statements for companies, trusts, partnerships, and SMSFs.
- Opportunity for outsourced CFO and business advisory work including management accounting, board report packs, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and succession planning
- Work on tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Tax consulting and advice
- Maintain clients' asset register, adjusting journals and reconciliations.
- Liaise with the ATO on tax matters
- Work with a diverse range of clients from industries such as hospitality, construction, and health care to help them achieve their financial goals.
Skills & Experience
- Near completion or certification of CA/CPA qualification
- Over 3 years public practice experience
- Superb communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must!
- Knowledge of MYOB and Xero
- Australian/NZ permanent residency essential – onshore applicants only
- Progress to supervisor and managerial positions
- Great office location - swap your lunch break for a swim at the beach!
- Generous CA/CPA study assistance – Modules paid for with exam leave
- A supportive and knowledgeable team with exposure to a wide array of business services skills
- Well Being program with discounts for insurance, retail & entertainment, health & welfare
- Parental leave payments
- Regular Learning and Development sessions and collaborative performance reviews
- Staff that contribute to office culture and development – weekly lunches, exercise classes, and social events
- A great social vibe – volunteering days, birthdays, EOFY, quarterly, and Christmas parties
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or email@example.com for any further details.