- Sydney CBD
- $180000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
- Senior Legal Counsel
- Newly Created Specialist Role
- Sydney CBD
- Competitive Salary
Our client who is number 1 globally within their industry is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel. This will be reporting into the Head of Legal and working within their collegiate and focused legal team in Sydney. You will be responsible for contributing to the strategy and success of business operations through the provision of expert legal advice to key stakeholders and project teams.
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts
- Providing advice on contract and food law
- Advising and reviewing marketing matters and privacy law
- Keeping the business up to date on regulatory issues
- Contributing to the existing compliance function undertaken by the Legal team
- Mentoring and managing more junior lawyers in the team
- Liaising closely with the business and external counsel.
- Ideally a minimum of 8-10 years PQE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm.
- Broad ranging commercial and corporate regulatory experience
- Preferably previous experience working for an FMCG company
- Strong marketing law experience
- Previous exposure to food law
- Excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Understanding of commercial drivers within a large multinational.
- Proven ability to develop strong internal and external relationships and enjoy working in a team environment .
In return the role offers the chance to join a high performing team, in a leadership role within a global organization, which is often voted top employer and company of choice.