- $70000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Incredibly established firm with over 70 years of experience
- A specialist leadership team who will impart a wealth of industry experience
- Melbourne City location, WFH flexibility and staff wellbeing benefits
About the Client
Not quite a large organisation and not quite a boutique firm, this diversified and successful city enterprise has been providing professional services for over 70 years, and prides itself on its strong client and community orientation.
The experienced team provides personal and attentive client services through the continual support of their staff, in a collaborative team environment where employee’s strengths are a focal point.
Renowned as a meaningful and professional place to work where employees can control their work processes and carry out assignments start to finish. With hundreds of combined years of experience between the employees, this is a firm where you can gain an invaluable vision of the industry. This is a close knit and inclusive team that enjoys socialising together and will finish the week with casual Fridays and staff drinks out in Melbourne CBD.
About the Role
Work with integrity as you service clients and handle a variety of portfolios from start-ups to large enterprises. You will support a passionate team of senior accountants and managers, as well as lead a small team of 3 junior accountants and interns.
More details about the role:
- Take personal responsibility of client portfolios and build client rapport
- Prepare financial statements and income tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and SMSF.
- Exposure to a variety of tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Outsourced CFO and Business Advisory work
- Tax Planning & dealing with key tax issues
- Maintain clients' asset register, adjusting journals and reconciliations.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups.
- Continual advisory for clients & external agencies.
- Liaise with clients independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Independent, motivated, and positive
- Studying towards CA/CPA qualification
- Over 2 years public practice experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Australian/NZ permanent residency a must
- Modern premises with latest paperless and updated technology
- Strong community spirit – regular pro bono work, donations, and sponsorships
- Focus on work/life balance – possibility to work from home and extra wellness leave opportunities
- Have fun at work as part of a friendly and encouraging team
- Ongoing support for students, with modules paid up front and exam leave
- Experience from ex-Big Four + comprehensive training aimed to upskill staff
- Supportive and authentic office environment with great staff facilities
- Friday afternoon drinks, regular team bonding and functions
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or email@example.com for any further details.