- $65000 per annum
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
- Work in a personal firm that recognises hard work, don’t get lost in the crowd!
- Flexible salary and career progression pathways
- Plenty of transport options, or drive to work with on site parking
About the Client
A boutique firm situated in a convenient and bright office are now looking for an innovative and driven senior business services accountant.
This is a CA firm that exudes knowledge and skill in the industry. Together staff have hundreds of years of combined experience which they will share with you. Work alongside ex-CFOs of large corporations who will train you on how to offer the best advisory and outsourced CFO services.
The boutique and personal culture of this firm means your voice will be heard, and you can make a real impact within the organisation. Employees have an opportunity to display their proficiency and contribute to the development of the business, as well as access transparent pathways for progression. Staff love working here because of the communal and friendly atmosphere, where everyone looks out for each other. Team members are close, and there are frequent social events, including parties, after work activities and trainings.
About the Role
You will get a lot of exposure to all matters of public practice accounting as you work amongst fellow accountants and answer to an experienced team of partners and managers. You will also lead a small team of intermediate and junior accountants.
More details about the role:
- Preparation and Lodgment of Tax Returns, BAS, Financial Statements for companies, trusts, partnerships, and SMSFs.
- Research for advisory services including management accounting, board report packs, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and succession planning
- Exposure to tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7.
- Tax Planning work & dealing with key tax issues
- Maintain clients' asset register, adjusting journals and reconciliations.
- Liaise with the ATO on tax matters
- Work with a diverse range of clients to help them achieve their financial goals.
Skills & Experience
- Near completion of CA/CPA qualification
- Over 3 years public practice experience
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must!
- Australian/NZ permanent residency essential
- Don’t get lost in the crowds of a big firm, do work that is noticed and appreciated
- Involvement in advisory work
- Progress to supervisor and managerial positions
- Emphasis on work/life balance – no fixed hours
- Ample CA/CPA support – Modules paid for with exam leave
- Be part of a close knit team with constant opportunities for hands-on learning
- Regular office + external training sessions and collaborative performance reviews
- Staff that contribute to office culture and development – weekly lunches, exercise classes, and social events
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.