- $150000 - $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Assistant Company Secretary
- Leading Financial Services Organisation
- In-House Legal
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading financial services organisation as Assistant Company Secretary supporting their General Counsel and Company Secretary. This role reports into the General Counsel and Company Secretary and will entail supporting the board and and company with corporate governance requirements working as part of a supportive collegiate legal and secretariat team.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with all company secretarial responsibilities for the company, including:
- Coordination of all Board and Committee meetings; including issuing of calendar invitations, preparing agendas, liaising with directors and the business and compiling and distributing papers
- Drafting of Board and Audit & Risk Committee papers in relation to governance and policy matters
- Ensuring the efficient conduct of board and committee meetings, including drafting Board and Audit & Risk Committee minutes and circulating resolutions in a timely manner
- Providing assistance with the implementation of policies and procedures, including providing training
- Degree qualified (Legal preferred but may not be practising) and a member of the Governance Institute of Australia
- Ideally 4-7 years’ experience in supporting a board in a company secretary/governance function
- Proven experience working with the board preferably in a listed environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Possess the ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Experience with Diligent or similar board paper platform is advantageous
This role offers a broad scope of company secretarial responsibilities, with the opportunity for development and to take on increasing responsibilities. It also offers the chance to work in a collegiate legal team within a flexible environment.
To apply for this opportunity please click the apply now button below or contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.