- $160000 - $170000 per annum
- Job Type
- 9 months ago
- Top telco company
- ASAP start
- Transparent career progression
Our client is a well-known telecommunications firm based in Macquarie Park. They provide services both to end users and acts as a wholesaler.
The Supplier Manager is a pivotal role in the organisation, it will manage multiple relationships with major prepaid and potential post-paid vendors across the Mobile Device landscape. They will be responsible for vendor management strategies, purchasing, go to market and escalations for products and services and owns the end to end supply relationship management.
- Strong business acumen translation into vendor management strategies
- Owns all commercials, purchasing, go-to-market and escalations for products and services.
- Delivers strategic master Supplier agreements and all commercials deals.
- Continually seeks optimal value from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and return-on-investment metrics through quarterly vendor reviews.
- Owns the end-to-end supply relationship management.
- Define a competitive portfolio strategy and roadmap both in long term and short term.
- Understand all the details and constraints and use responsible judgment to make the best recommendations and trade-offs for the business.
- Own the product lifecycle management for all products in their portfolio ensuring they drive strong profitability and minimize obsolescence and aged inventory risks
- Contribute to vision for each vendor based on overall device strategy
- Contribute strategy to device vendor strategy deck
- Hold quarterly review sessions with vendors to assess and evaluate vendors’ capability, performance & product propositions and make recommendation to the business
- Develop a quarterly action plan per vendor outlining objectives and implementation plan
- Negotiate commercial terms and monitor contractual agreements with vendors to ensure the best outcomes and maximum benefits
- Work with Product, Commercial and Supply Chain teams to ensure endorsement for opportunities
- Clearly articulate risks and impacts to your vendors
- Own the master Supplier agreements for each vendor, where necessary be the point to renegotiate terms, extend length or terminate agreements.
- Minimize stock outages and excess inventory
- Diploma/Cert qualified (marketing or business related)
- 3 or more years in Devices with Focus on Vendor Management/Commercials
- Background in contract negotiation and creation
- Product or Portfolio Management experience, some background in PLM
- Experience in presenting ideas and plans to senior executives for endorsement and approval
- Solid financial skills in business case development, campaign projections and forecasting
An exciting opportunity for a Supplier Manager to work at a top telco company.