- $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
- Large firm expertise with a boutique atmosphere
- Work alongside industry leading partners and managers
- A priority on internal progression with clear career pathways
About the Client
Situated in newly renovated office space in the modern CBD, this multi-partner office has 35 staff from a mixture of Big 4 and mid-tier backgrounds, and are now looking for an additional motivated and ambitious senior business services accountant.
Partners and managers are not only experts in their field but provide rich and knowledgeable insight into all aspects of accounting and finance. The team includes ex-CFOs of large corporations who will train you on how to offer the best advisory and outsourced CFO services.
Staff who call this firm home are fun to work with and contribute to a dynamic workplace culture. Employees have an opportunity to excel their career in an environment that preferences internal progression and provides transparent pathways. This firm has a passion for excellence, and will provide the guidance and training needed to get you there. Additionally, a staff led social team organises monthly staff events, trainings and team bonding exercises.
About the Role
This role has primarily advisory work, where you will service clients a number of SME business clients, as well as CEOs and executive directors of listed and unlisted public companies from industries as diverse as merchant banking to oil and gas exploration.
You will answer to an experienced team of partners and managers, as well as lead a small team of intermediate accountants.
More details about the role:
- Preparation and Lodgment of Tax Returns, BAS, Financial Statements for companies, trusts, partnerships, and SMSFs.
- Advisory services including management accounting, board report packs, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and succession planning
- Experience independently working on tax matters including GST, CGT, FBT and Div7a.
- Tax Planning work & dealing with key tax issues
- Maintain clients' asset register, adjusting journals and reconciliations.
- Hands on work with large Corporates, SME's and Large Family Groups
- Build strong relationships with clients & external agencies.
- Manage and meet with clients independently or alongside a partner
Skills & Experience
- Near completion or certification of CA/CPA qualification
- Over 3.5 years public practice experience
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must!
- Australian/NZ permanent residency essential
- Heavy involvement in advisory work
- Progress to supervisor and managerial positions
- Emphasis on work/life balance – no fixed hours
- Ample CA/CPA support – Modules paid up front with 4 days leave per module
- Experience from industry leaders + training from external educators
- Regular office training sessions and collaborative performance reviews
- 4 staff committees that contribute to office culture and ensure succinct staff communication – the latest technology and processes, weekly lunches, exercise classes, and social events
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further details.