- $180000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
- Major Australian Law Firm
- Sydney location
- Leadership position
Our client is a major Australian Law firm with a strong reputation nationally. A need has arisen for an experienced Manager of Operational Risk to lead a team, based in Sydney.
As a newly created position, you will be involved in implementing and establishing the firm’s risk and compliance framework/strategy and in time growing and developing a dedicated team underneath you.
- Acting as a key contact to shared services leaders on risk issues and provide risk related advice as required
- Utilising the firm’s risk management platform whilst identifying, analysing and assessing risks and mitigation strategies
- Maintaining the firm’s risk register and ensure risks are reviewed periodically
- Liaising with the Head of Risk, the Chief Operating Officer and the Heads of Shared Services Groups and implementing a compliance programme
- Developing education programs; running workshops and attending external risk seminars where required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A relevant risk management qualification or at least 5 years’ equivalent experience
- Experience in risk and compliance management ideally gained within professional services
- Familiarity with relevant legislation, industry practices and standards
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind
- Systematic approach with the confidence and ability to build rapport and advise with internal stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a new challenge to work across a diverse workload and working with key stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.