- $60000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- Join a growing team with career acceleration opportunities
- A wide range of external audit assignments over various industry sectors and potential for business services exposure
- Progressive culture with flexible hours and WFH possibilities
About the Client
This is a multi-partner, reputable and entrepreneurial firm who are creating new opportunities alongside some of the most prominent names in Australia. The firm is managed by a team of Ex-Big Four leaders who are not only experts in their field, but industry leaders, authors, and presenters.
This Sydney CBD office hosts a team of more than 40 staff who provide superb client services across a range of accountancy disciplines. The firm is known for the prioritisation and development of its staff, in a sociable environment where all employees are understood and respected.
In this team, people are the greatest asset. With weekly team bonding, compassionate volunteering opportunities, and consistent staff training, this is a close organisation that prioritises employee welfare, mentorship, and promotion from within. Simultaneously, the organisation has a high-performance culture that is results orientated, no matter the time it takes to get there.
About the Role
Receive exposure to a multitude of clients across a diverse variety of industries, meet with business partners and be included in director meetings as well. You will report to a Senior Audit Manager, who will provide mentorship as you focus on a range of external assignments over an assortment of industry sectors, as well as provide an opportunity for Business Services exposure if desired.
More details about the role:
- Assist in the planning of audits for various large organisations and SMEs that are both listed and unlisted from a variety of industries including but not limited to construction, insurance, manufacturing, transport, hospitality, aged cared and NFPs
- Audit in line with Australian Auditing and Accounting Standards and apply relevant accounting and auditing principles and applicable laws and regulations
- Plan audit engagements, identify key audit risk areas and prepare work plans
- Make use of information technology and data analytics to provide further value-add
- Provide technical advice to senior staff on any issues encountered, and develop solutions together based on Australian standards
- Prepare statutory financial statements, tax returns, BAS, FBT and payroll tax returns for a range of clients within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Meet with clients alongside experienced managers and partners
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary education and knowledge on IFRS and auditing skills
- Minimum one – two years’ experience in audit
- Studying towards or a desire to begin a CA or CPA qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude and an interest in creating strong client relationships
- Experience with CaseWare preferred but not essential
- Strong internal progression culture and potential career building, with a history of transferring staff within the business
- Evolve with a company that has the size and diversity to support your career path and develop your skillset – No pigeon-holing, exposure to Business Services and value-add services if desired
- Emphasis on work/life balance – No fixed start and finish times, WFH opportunities
- Full CA/CPA support – Modules paid up front with 4 days leave per module
- Weekly training from external and internal educators, developing technical and soft skills
- Develop a high level of Corporate Social Responsibility – the firm is actively invested in a range of charities
- Weekly drinks and lunches, games nights, sport sessions, team volunteering, and other catered social events
If you believe you are suited for this role, apply now! Submit your CV above, or contact Tamara Viner on 0431 085 399 or email@example.com for any further details.