- $125000 - $160000 per annum
- Job Type
- 19 days ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for a junior to mid-level front-end/projects insurance lawyer with financial services experience and at least 3-6 years’ PAE to join the in-house team of a leading insurer. Working closely with the General Counsel and Head of Projects, Reinsurance & Distribution as part of an experienced and established national legal team, you will be involved in a breadth of retail insurance, reinsurance & distribution law as well as projects work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder management including providing strategic and complex advice to internal stakeholders across the business, such as interpretation of key legislation (incl BI claims).
- End to end project management.
- You will initiate & provide strategic counsel on issues such as legal risk.
- You will be working closely with the portfolio, product, pricing, distribution & reinsurance teams.
- You may also be asked to draft Product Disclosure statements, as well as policy clauses.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 3-6 years’ PAE in front-end commercial or retail insurance gained within a top-tier, leading insurance firm or an ASX listed financial services organisation;
- Previous experience drafting PDS documents and policy wording.
- Familiarity with the Corporations Act (particularly Chapter 7) & the Insurance Contracts Act;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills with a solutions focused approach;
- Ability to triage multiple priorities at any one time.
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
- A team player who has the ability to work autonomously.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.