- Sydney CBD
- $80000 per annum
- Job Type
- 7 months ago
Location Sydney, NSWPermanent Full Time
Remote working is an option but candidate must have full working rights in Australia and to be based in NSW.
Why this job is important:
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting client’s production environment, while ensuring 24/7 product availability. You will also be responsible in some part to build, implement, and manage product solutions for client’s production environment. The position will require a basic understanding of LAMP stack technologies along with windows services and configuration. The ideal candidate will have technical experience with a solid foundation of operating system and networking skills along with a positive attitude.
A typical day might include:
- Monitoring and maintaining all production system equipment and services
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of the production application environment (this will include 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis)
- Documenting technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans
- Providing direct support to Software Development, Quality Engineering, Customer Support, Professional Services and third party vendors as needed to resolve production problems
- Maintaining network and systems configurations for national and international data centers
- 1 to 4 years total experience with systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Linux (Centos or Redhat)
- Windows server experience
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, network devices such as switches, hubs, routers, firewalls
- Previous experience in a SaaS and/or high volume website environment preferred
- Experience in managing large server environments
- Ability to work well in high-pressure environments
- Previous oncall experience
- LDAP/Kerberos authentication against Microsoft Active Directory
- SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc)
- Open Source Project experience
- Shell, PHP, Python and Perl scripting
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.