- $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
Our client is a major Australian Law firm with a strong reputation nationally. A need has arisen for an experienced Head of Risk & Compliance lead based in Melbourne.
As a newly created position, you will be involved in implementing & establishing the firm’s risk & compliance framework/strategy whilst you grow and develop a dedicated team underneath you as the function grows. You will be heavily involved in a raft of functions including but not limited to:
- Providing internal stakeholders across the firm with advice on a range of risk & compliance issues in line with policies & procedures (some of which you will draft & update);
- Ensuring best practice guidance is adhered to and relevant legislation, standards & guidance is complied with;
- Implementation of projects & making changes for systematic changes and initiatives;
- Identifying & grading reportable risks; in addition to
- Monitoring, controlling & continually reviewing processes & procedures in order to minimise risk to the firm; as well as auditing.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role- preferably within a professional services or a financial services organisation.
- At least 2 years’ of proven leadership & managerial experience the ability to lead and develop a small team.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 is highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind.
- Systematic approach with the confidence & ability to build rapport and advise with internal stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 0291952981/0421171391.