- $130000 - $160000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
- Legal Counsel
- In-House Financial Services
- Flexible working
A leading financial services organisation is seeking a legal counsel to join their group legal team. Reporting into the General Counsel this role plays an integral part of providing legal advice to senior management and all group functions. This role will be a key member of the Legal and Compliance team and you will support the strategic requirements of the business whilst having responsibility for assisting with legal matters across both Australia and New Zealand.
- Reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts with partners and suppliers
- Advising on regulatory requirements, commercial leasing and asset financing matters
- Providing legal advice in relation to products and services, and development of new products and services
- Reviewing and managing legal compliance and training frameworks
- Supporting the Risk and Compliance teams with legislative and regulatory changes
- Ideally a minimum of 4-6 years PQE gained within a leading law firm or in-house organisation
- Experience across one of the following areas banking and finance, commercial leasing, corporate and commercial
- Exposure to asset financing would be viewed favourably
- Superior negotiating and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work across competing deadlines
- Enjoy working as part of a collegiate team.
If you are a driven and positive individual who is looking for their next challenge or first role in-house this could be the move for you. Offering a diverse legal workload in a supportive team environment.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.