- Sydney CBD
- $170000 - $220000 per annum
- Job Type
- 14 days ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for an 8 + PAE senior insurance lawyer with liability & indemnity experience to join a newly formed in-house team of a leading insurer. You will be working closely with the Executive Manager of Insurance, Operational & Claims Strategy. You will be responsible for the overnight & strategic management of complex claims which may or may not be litigated.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small team whilst providing strategic input/advice to the claims team on complex insurance claims (whether litigated or not);
- You will provide commercial advice to the business where significant, complex claims (whether commercial or personal lines) have been escalated to the in-house legal division. and
- advise on key trends in claims and claims management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 8 years’ PAE in insurance litigation, ideally gained within a reputable defendant insurance firm/team;
- A secondment in-house will also be strongly considered.
- Prior exposure advising on significant & complex insurance claims in the indemnity, liability and/or coverage space.
- A background in public/product liability, professional indemnity and/or statutory classes as a minimum;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills & a strategic approach;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, especially the claims division.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A host of benefits and incentives.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.