- Amazing salary
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
Reports to: Head of IT
Location: North Ryde, Sydney
Department: Information Technology
The BI & Data Lead is responsible for leading and delivering on the BI, data and reporting strategy.
The role has primary responsibility for delivering the technology roadmap and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI and data team.
It is an integral part of the senior IT Leadership Team and applies expert knowledge and thought leadership in collaboration with the business and key stakeholders to leverage technology and data to drive competitive advantage.
Leadership & Engagement
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert and provide thought leadership in all aspects of BI, analytics and data management.
• Provide hands on, proactive, technical contribution to data analysis, reporting development and dashboard creation in order to generate insights, interpret trends and future opportunities.
• Engage with the wider business to understand their strategy and goals and align strategies and solutions to meet the business needs.
• Assist in defining service level objectives and performance criteria for reporting, analytics and underlying data architecture, associated systems and integrations
• Manage and administer the various platforms to ensure performance, security, confidentiality, availability and integrity are in line with defined service levels and performance metrics
• Assist in developing escalated support processes in line with broader IT service management processes
• Develop and maintain technical and process documentation related to the data and reporting architecture.
• Establish knowledge sharing and training processes related to the data and reporting architecture.
• Develop appropriate Information delivery models (eg dashboard, push/pull reporting, mobile etc)
• Adopt an end to end and lifecycle approach to data architecture and management.
• Develop and manage appropriate BI and data governance processes including managing and maintaining IT/business demand pipeline.
• Develop distributed BI competencies and capabilities across the business including principles of business driven / self-service BI
• Responsible for GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
• Ensure appropriate data controls in place covering data security, privacy laws and regulatory compliance
• Assist in defining and managing master data management framework, processes and controls
• Ensure processes are in place for managing end to end data reconciliation and integrity
• Partner with the business to promote a culture of continuous improvement actively seeking opportunities for ongoing improvements across technology and business process.
• Day to day management of the BI and data team
• Ensure that the BI team is appropriately skilled and resourced to meet the business needs
• Team performance evaluation and development, including annual performance plan setting.
• Provide support to the Head of IT
• Support budgeting and general departmental administration processes
• Promote a safe, supporting and collaborative team culture
3rd Party Vendor Engagement
• Develop 3rd party relationships to complement and enable delivery of service to the business
• Act as the interface with related 3rd parties in support of the technologies
• Ensure appropriate contracts, performance metrics and review processes are in place with related 3rd parties
Qualifications and Work Experience
A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
Experience in fast paced Retail environments with demonstrated capabilities in end to end data architecture
Demonstrated project management capabilities (agile and waterfall)
Experienced with agile software development management practices
Extensive expertise in Microsoft aligned BI and data technologies (SQL, SSRS, Power BI, etc)
Commercial experience with the Azure cloud including Azure DB, DW, Analysis Services, Data Factory, Databricks and In-memory caching techniques.
A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
Extensive experience with performance tuning and optimisation techniques and able to actively demonstrate them on a daily basis.
There is definitely more to it.. for more details please get in touch with Waqas Kidwai at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brilliant Compensation Package and amazing culture