- North Ryde
- $135000 per annum
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
NORTH RYDE, NSW
JOB TYPE: PERMANENT
Role Purpose:The role has primary responsibility for the technical design and delivery of business intelligence reports and analysis.
The role applies expert knowledge and thought leadership in collaboration with the business and key stakeholders to leverage technology and data to drive insights and competitive advantage.
It will further help client establish the data governance structure
Key Accountabilities:Business Analyst Reporting
- Collect and interpret data and translate information to the business which can offer ways to improve business decisions.
- Provide information, analysis and insights as required by the business.
- Provide reporting back to the business, identifying patterns and trends.
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes.
- Provide expertise and support in the development and maintenance of business intelligence solutions
- Maintain and audit information in master data systems as required by BAU processes and ad-hoc requirements.
- Elicit business requirements for enhancements to business systems and processes.
- Define integration requirements for new systems and ensuring these adhere to the IT strategy/standards.
- Ensure that new procedures are adequately documented and published for use by the business. This includes ensuring that appropriate system documentation for new systems is provided by vendors and training the end users as required.
- Support the IT help desk and business system users with subject matter expertise to help resolve and/or escalate issues.
- Conduct testing as required for software to be released into production.
- Conduct testing of reported issues and prescribe remedial action.
- Additional Responsibilities
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a BI development or analyst roles.
Experience in fast paced environments with demonstrated capabilities in end to end data architecture (including data modelling, data warehousing etc.)
Demonstrated project management capabilities (agile and waterfall)
Experienced with agile software development management practices
Extensive expertise in Microsoft aligned BI and data technologies including SQL, SSRS, TSQL, Power BI, DAX etc)
Commercial experience with the Azure cloud including Azure DB, DW, Analysis Services, Data Factory, Databricks and In-memory caching techniques will be preferred
A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations
Extensive experience with performance tuning and optimization techniques and able to actively demonstrate them on a daily basis.
Immediately available candidates preferred.
Interested candidates, please send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org