- $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
• Newly Created Position
• Dynamic Business
The role is responsible for coordinating the response to issues and reputation management challenges that may arise. This position reports to the Executive Director of Government and Stakeholder Relations who is responsible for managing the external and stakeholder relations functions of the organisation. You work in association with the key internal leaders to develop and implement proactive media relations programs to appropriately position the organisation.
- Prepare media content that promotes, supports strategic initiatives and increases advocacy profile.
- Develop and implement a media strategy to ensure proactive reputation management, whilst mitigating risks and issues.
- Research and prepare media releases and media responses.
- Establish and manage key working relationships with relevant journalists, writers and specialist reporters in TV, print, radio and online environments to ensure optimal coverage.
- Monitor media coverage, informing the CEO, ED Government & Stakeholder relations and other executives of relevant issues/coverage and recommending relevant responses.
- Oversee internal communications activities to ensure effective and timely information flows throughout
- Oversee and manage (in collaboration with Marketing and Fundraising) key communications resources including the Website.
- Work collaboratively with staff in Marketing and Fundraising on media and public relations aspects of marketing campaigns. Provide advice and support for campaigns as required.
- Work collaboratively on the development, implementation and interpretation of national policies relating to media, social media and public comment policies.
- Manage the organisation’s public issues management process that identifies and prioritises emerging issues including media queries which may negatively affect the organisation’s reputation.
- Manage a public spokesperson, influencer and ambassador program.
- Manage contracted media relations services including media monitoring, media training, online database services and reporting systems, and ensure the production of daily media reports for executive.
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Media Studies or a related discipline or a demonstrated equivalent mix of relevant professional experience and qualifications.
- Proven experience in media relations in either the public or private sector or not-for-profit.
- Sound knowledge of media operations with contacts across print, radio, television and online; experience in liaising with and pitching to the media and a proven ability to obtain coverage.
- News judgement and the capacity to determine the possibility of a media query’s impact reputation and the need to act immediately or escalate concerns
- Experience in managing negative/critical media pressure and make recommendations professionally to senior management in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the capacity to manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines
- Experience in managing integrated media and/or public relations campaigns and a sound understanding of social media and digital communications trends and strategies.
- Experience using online media databases, CMS online photo libraries, high level computer literacy.
Contact details - Brooke Colby - 0413 698 785