- $120000 - $145000 per annum
- Job Type
- 9 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for a 3-5 PAE insurance lawyer with insurance litigation experience to join a newly formed in-house team of a leading insurer. You will be working closely with the Executive Manager of Insurance, Operational & Claims Strategy. You will be responsible for managing and providing advice to in relation to significant and complex claims that are escalated.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and providing legal advice in relation to the strategic and effective management of significant and complex claims.
- Providing strategic input to the business on claims strategy & commercially focussed legal advice in a timely manner to various internal stakeholders whilst
- Developing strong relationships with various stakeholders internally & externally.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ PAE in insurance litigation, ideally gained within private practice at a reputable defendant insurance firm/team;
- A secondment in-house will also be strongly considered.
- Demonstrated ability to manage & prioritise a busy workload of insurance claims in the indemnity, liability and/or coverage space.
- A background in public/product liability, professional indemnity and/or statutory classes as a minimum;
- Commercially minded with effective problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, especially the claims division.
- Collaborative but with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A host of benefits and incentives.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.