- $110000 - $120000 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- Team Leader position
- Consumer and lender clients
- Competitive Remuneration
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel with expertise in property, mortgage or conveyancing law. Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for:
- Providing legal advice to internal stakeholders across the business including mortgage transactions, conveyancing practices, Risk & Compliance & Product Development, ARNECC rules and land titles registry requirements across Australian jurisdictions.
- Understanding & interpreting client contracts to advise business of contract terms
- Attending governance meetings with external clients where legal advice is required
- Assisting with ad-hoc legal projects as required
- Manage & lead a team of junior lawyers.
- Assisting with business audits where necessary.
You will possess:
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ PQE
- Previous experience of property law procedures including mortgage processing
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and drafting skills.
- Results orientated with demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong inter-personally with an ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders whilst managing a team of juniors.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.