- $60000 - $65000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 year ago
- Afternoon Shift - 2:00pm to 10:00pm. Sunday to Thursday
- Immediate Start
- Well Known Business
- Parking on site
Well known food manufacturing business are currently looking for a QA Coordinator to join their busy team. You will be responsible for the of monitoring food safety production activities, ensure compliance to the Quality systems & administrative functions pertaining to the implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement set out in respect to food safety and product quality.
This role plays a key part in maintaining the highest possible quality standards and processes for product quality, food safety standards and supporting systems within the production team from receivables right through to dispatch.
This position is in the Afternoon Shift - 2:00pm to 10:00pm. Sunday to Thursday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing all verification activities related to HACCP, GMP, GFSI, Customers and all other statutory standards.
- Ensure quality, food safety systems and processes conform to MMC standards and all Federal and State legislation inclusive of brand SQF and HACCP Plans review & maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining HACCP prerequisite programs for the site that includes but not limited to pest control, cleaning and sanitation, foreign object control, staff training, allergen management, control of non-conforming products etc.
- Maintain verification activities related to site CCPs and QCP monitoring parameters.
- Maintain site calibration schedule for equipment and tools.
- Actively participate in the site GMP & internal audit program and assist in preparation for the external audits.
- Assist QA Manager in driving site continuous improvement program by proactively managing Site
- Corrective and Preventative Action program via efficient and effective communication to the QA
- Manager and all other relevant key stake holders. All non-conformances to be closed out within a timely manner to prevent re-occurrences.
- Participate in maintaining document control program also generate and distribute control documents to the wider operations team as required.
- Participate in customer complaint investigation along with other QA team members.
- Report/ trend/ document all production quality related issues and outcomes.
- Actively engage in food safety and quality tasks as required within the MMC NPD process.
- Participate in/& conduct food safety related validation/verification protocol on products, process and equipment as prescribed by the business requirements.
- Complete the review and approval of product & packaging quality specifications against brief inclusive of housing/document control.
- Ensure all technical details and procedures are fully documented the MMC document control system.
- Provide technical support to all relevant departments and brands as and when required.
- To personally adhere to all OH&S policies and procedures as advised by the company.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure other employees’ health or welfare is not put at risk.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate / possess:
- Qualifies in GMP, HACCP or related discipline.
- Experience in a similar role within the food industry for at least 3 years, experience in the food manufacturing industry would be highly desirable.
- An understanding of key industry food standards (including packaging).
- Support and be available for all internal or external food safety auditing qualification.
- Competency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A commitment to the principles of food safety and drive to uphold those principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A disciplined, proactive approach to timelines and compliance to procedures.
- The ability to conduct and/ or support presentations and training.
- A commitment to excellence in the delivery of high-quality food and service to our customers.
Contact details - Brooke Colby - 0413 698 785