- Competitive salary
- Job Type
- 10 months ago
- Manufacturer & distribution company
- Supply through retail store footprint on the east coast of Australia to trade contractors to develop a category killer
- Full P&L responsibility, collaboration with the family CEO & board to implement the strategic direction & growth strategy
A recent acquisition of a manufacturing & distribution business has resulted in a newly created General Manager position to be responsible for the integration and consolidation of two businesses to be Australia’s leading manufacturer and distributor of quality home improvement materials.
In line with strategic objectives, you will be responsible for developing the retail footprint across the East coast of Australia to grow revenue and EBITDA. The role of General Manager will take full responsibility for the business including P&L accountability, direction and growth in collaboration with the Board & family CEO.
The role requires a strong people leader with expertise in retail, manufacturing & distribution. Responsibility for a workforce of circa 70 people, currently 6 branches across NSW & Vic with growth plans;
- To ensure all safety policies and behaviours are prioritised, maintaining & improving the existing culture and aligning with the overall business purpose & values.
- Budgeting and driving growth plans to deliver increased revenue and EBITDA through maximising existing branch operations & rolling out additional branches.
- All operational aspects of the business including existing & new ~ customers, employees and retail footprint.
- Reviewing all business processes to drive increased efficiency, resulting in increased profitability and scalability.
- People & talent ~ review and plan hiring for the team to ensure all gaps are addressed and ensure high levels of team engagement and build a motivated team.
- Customer centric focus to drive high levels of customer engagement.
- Have experience in a leadership position from a fast-growing multi-site B2B retail company.
- Ideally have had exposure to working with private equity stakeholders or external shareholders.
- Energy, capability & track-record of a business integration & build.
- To be a strong people leader with demonstrable EQ.
- Can uphold & develop culture and communicate vision & purpose.
- Has led teams and interacted with customers providing the highest service and engagement levels.
- Can go fast, encourage feedback, ask questions, collaborate & execute.
- Sydney or Newcastle
- A competitive salary package of base + STI will be offered value proposition of each candidate.